Thursday, June 16, 2011

Favorite Things + Unfavorite Things

I apologize for the lengthy delay in posting.  Apparently, looking for a job is the approximate equivalent of having a second job, so between actual work and faux work, I've been running around like a crazy person. 
Anthony Gizelneck (sp?) once said: "If you spent half as much time reading books as you do chasing skanks, you might not have AIDS."  If I spent half as much time doing deals as I do chasing new jobs, I might not have to look!  :)

Without further ado, here are my favorite things from the past couple of weeks:
1) Rediscovering some oldies, but goodies...
Sometimes you forget how much you like certain things - summertime, the Olympics, the endless amount of crazy surrounding a presidential election - but then you remember and it's the best thing ever.  I recently added a couple:  NYC - hello darkness, my old friend, Market by Jean Georges and no-strings attached "relations" with an ex... :)

2) "Be kind, work hard and amazing things will happen."  - Conan O'Brien from the 2011 Dartmouth commencement speech.
Perhaps because of my recent job situation and enjoyment of fratboy humor, I really appreciated what he had to say... Check it out:

3) Liberty Wharf in Boston
Beautiful floor to ceiling glass windows that open out to the water, stronger than f*k margaritas, real sports bar and great food.... even if it leads to the realization that texting + margaritas + high heels = sprained ankle, it's worth it.  I will be going back... often!

4) Brown!
Different from yellow (dim sum), B and I recently discovered a love of brown aka peking duck.  After a false start at Hei La Moon, we went to New Jumbo last weekend and the brown was amazing.  We just made dinner reservations at "the best hole in the wall in Chinatown" with the duck included (you have to order 24 hours in advance!)... will report back. 

5) Interviewing
Initially, I was a bit nervous... after all, I hadn't interviewed for a new job in 6+ years.  However, I quickly realized that it was a great excuse to talk about myself for hours on end and put *others* on the spot.  I might be addicted!  

6) Babies named after 90210 characters
Recently, two of my friends had babies named Dylan.  In the span of two days, both babies pooped on me.  Am I the new baby laxative?  Minus the pooping, they were both legitimately adorable and no, I'm not lying, they do not look like trolls. 
In memorium, "may the bridges I burn light the way." - Dylan McKay

7) Singing Adele's Rolling in the Deep at highest decibel in my car...

Bill Simmons, one of my favorite writers in the world, started this website featuring up and coming writers + guys like Chuck Klosterman

9) Mavs win the NBA Championships/Bruins win the Stanley Cup!
Now, I am not a Mavs fan, but I am a fan of anyone who takes down the classless juggernaut aka Dwyane Wade's Miami Heat + random German dudes with a slight hip hop twangs.  Dirk, I'm sold, you are one bad Mf*r. 
I am also not a hockey fan, but am happy for all of those true Bruins fans who have suffered through some lean years.  A late entrant, but nonetheless, welcome to Boston sports dominance, Bruins!
In a semi-related note, please come back football.... we miss you more than words can say. 

10) Bridesmaids... hilarious/must see!  "hey f*k buddy...." "you are no longer my number 3"

11) Anything at my rooftop pool...

Unfavorite things from the past few weeks:
1) Hangover Part 2
I couldn't believe how unfunny this movie was.  I think I laughed once.  Also, Thailand is awesome and so are Asiatic people. 

2) The Registry of Motor Vehicles

3) Douch-ey cops, you know who you are

4) Airplane acne

5) Pretending to still care about my job/awaiting my Oscar nomination

6) Ashley A-Bear, the self-esteem-less Bachelorette, thanks for ruining our show. 

7) Mechanical delays resulting in an unexpected stay at an airport hotel/motel in Houston

8) Inability to resist pasta/bread

9) Not having enough time to post things in my blog!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment