Tuesday, May 17, 2011

H_ngm_n

Last night, my friend P and I went to The Gallows in the South End and it was gr_a_.  Compared to Citizens, another "upscale" gastropub I've recently eaten at, The Gallows was much more chill (i.e. I could hear myself think/actually have a conversation) and the food was delicious.  Even though I'm on a stupid diet (the "don't eat things that might cause a heart attack" diet - patent pending) until I unveil myself at the RTP on Memorial Day, my field green salad and Kentucky bugoo were quite tasty if not entirely what I expected.  Although I desperately wanted to order the poutine and burgers, discipline ruled the day and I went healthy, sort of.  My field green salad was incredibly fresh and light and the bugoo was tasty.  I guess I had pictured more of a piece of lamb instead of a stew... but either way I enjoyed the bugoo! 

P did a better job of ordering than I and had the chicken which was SO good. 

We had a great night and I'd give The Gallows 7.5 out of 10 st_rs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment