Sunday, February 13, 2011

"About Me and What I'm Looking For" in 2,500 words or less...

When I first sat down to write my online dating profile, I looked at other people's summaries for inspiration.  From what I can tell, most people are "laid back/low maintenance" and "really love" drinking a beer at Fenway Park, beaches and their friends and families.  At first, I thought, not a lot of originality here, but then I tried to write my own profile and.... it's damn hard!!!  So, here's my first attempt... please feel free to comment and let me know, if you know me, whether you think this captures the essence of BOSTON GAL. 
--------------------------------------------------
Random facts about me:
1. I kick butt at fantasy football and scrabble
2. My favorite authors are Ernest Hemingway…and Bill Simmons
3. I have not yet ruled out the possibility of being a writer for National Geographic. Hope springs eternal.
4. Bernese mountain dogs, red wine, Boston playoff games and witty guys are my kryptonite
5. My grandfather was the coolest guy I’ve ever known. He once wrote me a list of 87 countries he visited in his life. I hope someday to equal that.
6. I have a seriously salty tooth.
7. The music on my ipod is more embarrassing than my 7th grade school photo.
8. I wonder if I’m actually part fish…. I love anything water-related… swimming, scuba diving, sailing, white water rafting, beaches, lounging by pools with margaritas…
9. I think that some day cool ranch Doritos will be illegal, but until that day, I’m not questioning it.
10. Nothing is scarier to me than snakes. This would be mildly embarrassing, but I think it just brings me one step closer to being Indiana Jones.
11. My desert island movies are: Shawshank Redemption, Cast Away (for tips), Godfather II, Breakfast at Tiffanys and Princess Bride. 


What I'm looking for:
That's tough... I feel like there's either a connection or not and it's hard to describe in words. Generally, I'm looking for someone smart, fun and with a good heart... if that's you, please send me an email!

1 comment:

  1. totally agree w/ the assessment that everyone's profiles essentially say the same thing. you ALSO love hanging w/ friends and checking out new restaurants?! SO WEIRD! we are soul mates!! love the 10 random facts... might have to copy that for my own profile :)

    ReplyDelete